05 October 2007

Blessed to be a blessing

In the previous post I shared about the vision I had about a home called Haven. To me it is not just my house. But rather, it is a house that God is gonna bless me with, and it is not just about me. It is nothing I have done as I always feel in me I'm a very sinful person. Probably far more sinful than most of you reading this. But this is where grace is. Where sin abounds, grace abounds even more.

This morning I was a little late and I decided I gotta grab a cab. While I was waiting, a lorry pulled over with its window down. The guy inside asked me to get in. I thought for a moment someone was planning to kidnap me or something. I was stunned so I probed further, he said he needed extra cash and wanted to try picking guys waiting for cab. I was suspicious but I got in cos I believed God is with me... Well, I was praying the whole time even before he appeared.

The whole time during that journey, amidst the tongues I was praying for protection, I was listening to the driver. He has very low income, just transporting items for the market, the cost of the lorry was enough to take most of his pay, but what put him in a more desperate situation is that he has 4 sons schooling. They have barely enough pocket money. 2 in primary school, 2 just finished secondary school. (And I thought supporting one brother of mine was quite a burden already. Imagine 4.)

I prayed for him though he doesn't know. I asked God to first, make a way for him to know God. Second, that God will bless him financially. At the end of the journey, I gave him a little more than the cab charges. I told him he'll need the extra for his sons. You have no idea how grateful the look on his face was, it was priceless. I told him God bless, to plant a little seed. Now I would very much want to keep this quiet and not boast my 'charity'. For if not for God, I'd be a very selfish person. But I want to encourage you guys to do a little something for someone.

In life we like to grumble about our miseries, but there are many many people in worse situations than us. Instead of finding fault, we can count our blessings. And testify! Testify to the goodness of our Lord. He blesses us daily according to our needs. One thing's for sure, complaining pisses God off alot. Look at the Israelites when they just got out of Egypt and crossed the Red Sea, they grumbled and God got mad. The result is that that very generation will never enter into the promise land.

Joyce Meyer put it in a very humourous way, the Israelites took 40 years to make an 11 day trip. Circling a mountain and grumbling and complaining stupid mountains and oh poor me, what's wrong with me and yadayadaya... This applies to us. Let us not belittle what God has done for us. Praise God in everything, if we lack something, ask God with praise and thanksgiving. And remember, God's blessing for us always has a greater purpose than just us. It is not I, me and myself getting what I want that I think I will enjoy. That is so sad, rather, I've got a blessing, come share the joy with me.

Back to the vision I had, it was not a big quiet house, it is a big house with anointed worship of many. Bringing thanksgiving to God. That is so much better for us to look forward to, to share, to build others, to bring God's mercy to others, to help the lowly. So let's do this. Make our blessings and presence count, make a difference. Blessings shared are blessings magnified and multiplied.

No comments: